International Society for Technology-related semiconductor device “2015 IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting” (IEDM 2015) held recently in Washington, DC (December 7, 2015 – the 9th).
The main topics are: 1) storage technology, 2) instead of new material such as silicon, transistors, and IC 3) three-dimensional structure, 4) power semiconductors, 5) silicon photonics, 6) flexible devices, 7) display and a photosensitive element technology, 8) class brain computing (Brain-like Computing)…
Key topics and focus paper organizers listed below. Focus storage technology is the use of 20nm process technology to achieve miniaturization or less DRAM, improved three-dimensional (3D) NAND flash technology reliability, improved ReRAM (variable resistive memory) packaging technology. Samsung Electronics will deliver a speech 20nm process DRAM.
New materials to replace silicon in 7nm technology and miniaturization technology in the future, will be released a few examples of the use of Ge and GaAs transistors Trial replace silicon and other semiconductor materials. Belgium IMEC will published content is on 300mm diameter wafers trial of InGaAs FET GAA (Gate-All-Around) structure and access to the high intrinsic.
3) three-dimensional structure of transistors and IC terms, using TSV (TSV) technology is the key, it will be released without using the TSV 3DIC technology. Tsinghua University in Taiwan will release 3DIC technology without TSV chip manufactured by logic, SRAM and ReRAM configuration.
4) power semiconductors, Fujitsu and Tokyo Institute of Technology research team will present at 96GHz to achieve high operating frequency of up to 3W / mm current output density of InGaN / GaN-HEMT .
5) silicon photonics technology, a major issue facing long-term – the light source technology has made progress. Although Ge bulk indirect migration, low luminous efficiency, but the compound has become a direct migratory GeSn. French research institute CEA LETI and other research team on a silicon CMOS-compatible use infrared technology to produce a GeSn microdisk lasers. According to the research team introduced, at a wavelength of 2.5μm obtained with up to 221kW / cm2 of output power.
6) a flexible device context, CEA LETI and STMicroelectronics will introduce the use of “UTTB (Ultimate Thinning and Transfer-Bonding)” technology, the RF circuit formed on an SOI substrate is transferred to a variety of flexible circuit board technology (Paper 15.7).
7) monitors and sensor technology, not only can be used to accept RGB pixel visible light, but also with a good sensitivity shooting near-infrared light image element of concern. In particular, a need exists in the medical use. Olympus will introduce two kinds of laminated element made of a CMOS sensor technology.
8) The focus of the class brain computing is to become a variety of techniques now concern depth neural network (DNN) next-generation technologies. DNN now exist can not go online and real-time learning and learning requires a lot of data and other topics. As a workaround, through the use of spike signals and the use of nonvolatile memory, so that “neurons (brain cells)” or connection “synapses” state neuronal plasticity switch has developed elements of concern. 2014 summer release spike signals using brain-chip “TrueNorth” of IBM, the use of non-volatile memory technology – phase change memory (PCM) trial a more realistic neurons and other chips.
2 Layer Flexible PCB Flexible Printed Circuit Boards 8 Layer Flex PCB
AWM 20624 80C 60V VW-1 Gold plated FFC cable
Flex flat cable Manufacturers