Automotive FFC cable including single-sided, double-sided and multi-layer board. The substrate based on polyimide CCL-based materials. Its advantage including high heat resistance, good dimensional stability, and good electrical insulation performance.
Automotive FFC cable shortcomings:
(1) high initial cost of a single time
Since the flexible PCB is designed and manufactured for special applications, the cost of the circuit design, wiring, and backplane is high.
(2) difficult changes and repair
Once the soft PCB is made, it must be changed from the bottom of the map or the preparation of the light painting program, so it is not easy to change its surface covered with a protective film, to be removed before repair, repair and then to restore, it is more difficult jobs.
(3) size is limited
It can not be done very long, very wide.
(4) can be damage easily when improper operation.
Improper operation of the installation can easy to cause damage to the soft circuit, the soldering and rework needs of trained personnel operation.
Advantages of automotive cable FFC cable:
(1) can be free to bend, winding, folding, according to the space layout requirements of any arrangement, and in any three-dimensional space to move and stretch, so as to achieve the integration of components and wire connections.
(2) the use of FPC can greatly reduce the size and weight of electronic products.
(3) FFC also has good heat dissipation and weldability as well as easy to install, the overall cost is low, the combination of soft and hard design to a certain extent make up for the flexible substrate in the component carrying capacity of a slight shortage.